Today’s ride was nothing special, but here’s what makes cycling fun:
- Riding across Silicon Valley early on a Sunday morning. Not much traffic.
- Picking up Coyote Creek Trail on Tully Road and knowing someday it will make it to the Bay.
- Riding past Hellyer Park Velodrome
- The crunch of sycamore leaves on a remote section of Coyote Creek Trail
- Santa Clara County Model Aircraft Skypark
- Hawks soaring
- Seeing the windsock at the Metcalf 600 megawatt power plant blowing north
- Riding up to Anderson Reservoir
- Watching migrating Canadian geese land in Anderson Reservoir
- Crossing Hwy 101 on Burnett Avenue with no ramps
- Riding north on Hale Avenue at 24 mph with a tailwind
Enjoy your ride.